Let us talk about operations teams. Ops teams are the backbone of any business with moving parts on ground. Be it in logistics, hyperlocal delivery, or mobility; the challenges that ops teams face and the responsibilities they shoulder are very demanding.
Running ops means managing a complex interconnected network of users, partners, fleet on ground and much more. Something or the other in this network get stressed and even breaks every other day.
Don't believe us? Let us take you through a few cases and you be our judge:
Imagine being Leonard, an ops manager at Ezdrives, scratching your head trying to figure out the best ways to re-route his vehicles amidst the city’s traffic disruption caused by a football game nearby.
Or being Penny, trying to get the logistics right after the delay in the arrival of the containers caused due to COVID-19 induced supply chain disruptions.
Or just imagine yourself in the shoes of Sheldon, trying to get his deliveries on time when all supplies are stuck due to bad weather conditions.
These are the problems ops managers around the globe face in a day to day setting. In a highly competitive market with low margins of error, a delay here could lead to a lost customer there. With evolving tech and higher expectations, you are naturally expected to match the super fast-paced lives of people.
Today, companies in the logistics, on-demand delivery and mobility space suffer from a lack of an end-to-end solution to meet all their operational needs. Existing solutions are either too cumbersome and/or too tiring. And improper tools lead to sub-potential outcomes. This is especially true in a multi-stakeholder arrangement, where inefficiencies creep in at various levels and have a compounded effect.
By the way, did you notice a pattern in the cases we mentioned above? Only if Leonard or Penny or Sheldon had better foresight and planning tools, couldn't they have worked out a solution much faster? So, what could have been of help?
The answer is a single system to cater to all your operational needs; to helps you streamline your operations and increase your efficiency.
With the right tool at hand, any disruption or anomaly could easily be detected, thought upon, and solved in the right amount of time. That tool is a control tower.
What does a control tower even do?
It provides you with the power of visualisation, intelligence, and actionability. It's a simple concept, but a powerful one. An end-to-end solution in essence is like medical treatment, starting right from the diagnosis and ending at full treatment.
Now that you have a basic overview of what a control tower is, let us dive deeper and break it down individually:
- The first step to a problem always is identification. But with a large number of data points to cater to, it often becomes difficult to pinpoint the pain points. With the power of visualisation, you can solve this easily by identifying patterns and locating the areas of trouble. Real-time visibility is a game-changer that gives you immense power to handle things quickly and efficiently.
- Great! So we have identified the problem, what next? What comes next is figuring out solutions and adapting to the identified problem, and this is where intelligence comes in. Once you're aware that a problem exists, you can club your expertise, and the capabilities of a control tower, to arrive at a solution for it. Great tools help you perform this task, fast and efficiently.
- But what use is a solution without execution? That is exactly what actionability enables you to do. Actionability refers to the act of implementing your solution to solve the problem at hand. In a multi-stakeholder decisionmaking process, it should allow for collaboration, communication and synchronisation among all stakeholders to achieve this.
And voila! Not only have you identified your problem, but you have also successfully found a solution and implemented it!
Quite neat, no? To sum it up in 3 words would be: Find, Solve, Act.
Why should I care?
You should care because of the immense value addition an ops control tower would bring to the table for your company. Not only would you be able to detect problems early, but you would also be able to collaborate, act and solve the problem. Let's talk about what you get out of adopting the right control tower:
- Greater insight, via maps: Into how your fleets, drivers, or deliveries move across the city or across cities. This would help you analyse and mark different areas on various metrics.
- Instant notifications and alerts: In case, something goes wrong somewhere. This would enable instant decision-making and timely solution making.
- Greater inter-team communication and quick and precise resolution of the given problem by engaging various stakeholders
Let us revisit the case of Leonard, only if he had these capabilities on time, he would have been able to check for regions of congestion, adjust pricing and reroute his limited resources accordingly and appropriately. Perhaps even predict the disruption in time.
Even Penny would have found it so much easier to map out the chain of events that led to the disruption, make her optimal strategy and know, when and how to implement it. Life made so much easier!
And only if poor Sheldon could coordinate the movements with his drivers and suppliers, he would have been able to dampen the effect bad weather had on his deliveries.
And these are some things control towers empower you to do. A good Control tower enables root cause analysis to zoom in to the real problem. It allows you to know the what, when, how and why of the given scenario and the series of actions required to solve the problem at hand. With the right data and capability, you are not only able to see both of your highest revenue-generating and highest churning regions but also chart out regions with varying amounts of traffic at different times of the day.
In a multi-stakeholder setting, having a control tower in place helps in identifying and pinpointing bottlenecks and lags. Proper communication channels and real-time visibility of the process help each party to remain up to speed and enable proper planning and execution, keeping the machinery of operations working smoothly.
Not only does it bring visualisation, intelligence, and actionability to one platform, saving you tons of time and effort in integration, skill training, etc, but it also helps you find, fix and act on anomalies and disruptions wherever and whenever spotted.
Easy integrations, clear insights, and rapid communication facilitate the process and enable you to take correct and timely decisions, saving you from the suffering that Leonard, Penny, or Sheldon face in their jobs.
Find, Solve, Act
Locale is on the mission to empower ops teams around the globe. With the help of Locale, you can achieve all three objectives of visualisation, intelligence, and actionability.
Our product enables operations managers all over the globe to find patterns, and perform hypothesis testing and real-time planning. Enabling you to do experimentation and impact measurement.
With a no-code platform, easy integration with workflows, and a highly intuitive interface, Locale helps you track your resources, visualise data beautifully, spot issues and get alerted in real-time.
Too good to be true? There is magic in the world, you just haven't seen it yet😌
Go check out our product for yourself: www.locale.ai