The truth is that things are constantly breaking in Ops.
In the process of constantly firefighting these issues and ensuring that everything on the ground is running smoothly, they end up reaching out to data teams with endless requests. Their problems look somewhat like this:
- Stockouts in Coca-cola vending machines caused a revenue drop in a suburb of Tokyo.
- Too many bike requests near the beach in Amsterdam on a Sunday afternoon.
- Make sure supply is available to deliver groceries within 15 minutes to a house on M.G Road.
- Low utilisation of trucks on a route because of change in demand pattern.
In order to solve them, they must be alerted when things go wrong, perform RCA and take the necessary actions in a timely manner.
And this means that data teams’ inboxes look like this:
Given the diversity of requests, it can take up a significant bandwidth of the engineering and data team to cater to each and every one of them within a stipulated time. Each of them has specific requirements for tools, know-how, and skills.
It could mean building data pipelines, working on complex data sets, setting up cron jobs, building metrics from scratch, setting up 100s of dashboards and many more!
Boy, that’s a tall order! This often leaves with:
- Operations teams having no way to find out what is happening on the ground and when they happen until their dependencies from the data team are resolved.
- Data teams relying on engineering teams to build the required tooling
- Engineering teams focusing on ad hoc requests rather than high-value product work.
In conclusion, it becomes incredibly challenging to activate data to deliver value to the business and make sure that the Ops teams are proactive.
So how can Data teams help Ops folks?
Think of one tool to rule them all. Locale is your very own PagerDuty for Ops teams.
Through Locale, it is very easy for you to set up business metrics and get a unified view of your business without having to dig through different sources of data. It is an end-to-end infrastructure for alerting, ops collaboration, and taking action.
All the steps in setting up alerts and workflows, performing quick RCA and incident management are just a few clicks away with Locale.
- Set up alerts instantly with an inbuilt collaborative SQL editor interface. They will be run on a schedule and actions will be triggered accordingly.
- Get to the root of any issue 100x faster. There is no need to refresh dashboards or export data between applications manually.
- Turn any incident alert into trackable issues with one click.
Empower Ops teams like never before!
All in all, there are plenty of reasons to take Locale for a spin. We started by understanding the needs of Ops teams and the ways in which data teams can enable them. If you are looking forward to enabling your operations teams to become more productive and streamlined, it definitely warrants a try.
You don't have to wait to reap the benefits of Locale. We simplify data integration for everyone involved and you can go live within an hour! Just connect to your data warehouse, configure the data and take your first step towards proactive operations in your company. We integrate with the following sources:
Does this sound exciting? Try it yourself or Book a demo with one of our specialists to discuss use cases unique to your business.