It is a well-known fact that engineering time is one of your company's most valuable resources—and it is up to you, as product teams, to use it wisely.
Any time the engineers spend developing something outside of your core competencies and catering to diverse ops teams’ requests is time away from product development.
So what happens when Ops teams end up reaching out to data and engineering teams with endless requests?
It looks somewhat like this:
Every product team's dilemma
Given the diversity of requests, it can take up a significant bandwidth of the engineering and data team to cater to each and every one of them within a stipulated time.
It could mean building data pipelines, working on complex data sets, setting up cron jobs, building metrics from scratch, setting up 100s of dashboards etc, which require specific tools, know-how, and skills.
This means that the:
- Operations teams have no way to find out what is happening on the ground and when they happen until their dependencies with the data team are resolved.
- Data teams rely on engineering teams to build the required tooling
And most importantly engineering teams end up devoting considerable time to gathering requirements and mapping requirements to components for ad hoc requests instead of doing high-leverage product work.
This brings us to our most important questions,
- How do we empower our Ops teams across the company to do their best work ?
- How do we do so without investing in a team of engineers and analysts to build a tool from scratch?
Your search ends here!
Think of one platform to rule them all. Locale is your very own PagerDuty for Ops teams.
Through Locale, it is very easy for teams to set up business metrics and get a unified view of your business without needing more engineering headcount. It is an end-to-end infrastructure for alerting, ops collaboration, and taking action.
All the steps in setting up alerts and workflows, performing quick RCA and incident management are just a few clicks away with Locale.
Operations teams can:
- Set up alerts instantly with an inbuilt collaborative SQL editor interface. They will be run on a schedule and actions will be triggered accordingly
- Get to the root of any issue 100x faster. There is no need to refresh dashboards or export data between applications manually.
- Turn any incident alert into trackable issues with one click.
Locale not only encourages Ops teams to be more proactive about business operations but also allows data teams to resolve any Ops-related queries in just minutes.
How can you get started?
All in all, there are plenty of reasons to take Locale for a spin. If you are looking forward to making your operations teams more productive and streamlined, it definitely warrants a try.
You don't have to wait to reap the benefits of Locale. We simplify data integration for everyone involved and you can go live within an hour! Just connect to your data warehouse, configure the data and take your first step towards proactive operations in your company. We integrate with the following sources:
Does this sound exciting? Try it yourself or Book a demo with one of our specialists to discuss use cases unique to your business.